8(A) SOLE SOURCING
8(A) SOLE SOURCING THROUGH
ADVANCED COMMUNICATION CABLING, INC.
In accordance with SBA regulations the 8(a) Sole Source Award Program allows federal agencies to waive the government mandated “competition” rule for requirements that can be performed by two or more eligible firms, by negotiating directly with a particular 8(a) firm. This is the only Federal program nationwide that allows this type of sole source award.
For an 8(a) sole source (also called “direct negotiation”) valued under $6.5M, there is no Justification & Approval (J&A) required. J&As are a formal document which detail the authority, rationale, and other information supporting an instance of contracting without using full-and-open competition. For more information on this refer to statute 6.303-2(d). documents which detail the authority, rationale, and other information supporting an instance of contracting without using full-and-open competition.
If you are an End-User (Submit Items 1-3 simultaneously to The Contracting Officer):
1. The end-user contacts the Contracting Officer (CO) via email or written letter to request their procurement be purchased through an 8(a) Sole Source Vehicle. An end user requesting an 8(a) sole source set aside contract is exempt from the requirement to write a Justification & Approval (J&A) letter per FAR 6.302- 5(c)(2)(iii).
2. The end-user submits a capabilities statement of Strategic Advanced Communications (SAC) to the CO.
Click on the link to view the statement.
3. The end-user submits the contact information of SAC’s Small Business Administration (SBA) officer, listed below:
Business Opportunity Specialist (BOS)
U.S. Small Business Administration | Kentucky District Office
600 Dr. M.L. King Jr. Place, Room 188 | Louisville KY 40202
Phone: (502) 582-5971 x 261
4. Important: Submit the Contracting Officer’s (CO) contact information to Advanced Communication Cabling, Inc. with the Purchase Request (PR) number (if applicable) assigned to your Bill of Materials. Mrs. Guilford from the SBA will send a letter/email to the CO acknowledging the sole source request and will validate to the Contracting Officer the competencies of Advanced Communication Cabling, Inc.
5. Agencies/departments reporting to the Federal branch have their own supplemental regulations.
The DoD utilizes DFARS. In addition, The Marines and Navy utilize NMCARS. In short, a Marine Corps CO must conduct business while adhering to FAR, DFARS, and NMCARS.